Interim Road Improvement - Doha South Phase 1
The project area comprises of the Al Wukair community divided by Wukair Street which was originally part of the Expressway Program. The overall project area is predominantly a residential community spread over an area of approximately 2300 hectares.
The overall project includes the infrastructure of around 9726 residential plots, 1600 commercial plots, 4 schools, 3 reserved government plots, 21 mosques, 13 parks and 226 open space / green areas part of which is the Interim Road Improvement of Doha South Phase 1.
General Scope of Works includes the following elements:
- General site clearance and demolition works.
- Roadworks inclusive of flexible pavements, precast concrete block pavements, tactile pavements, speed tables and dust control.
- Passive and active traffic management inclusive of traffic signs, road markings, traffic signals and traffic signal controller.
- Ducts and chambers for the Intelligent transportation systems (ITS) as per the national ITS strategy.
- Surface water and groundwater drainage include pipe works, gullies, catch-pits and soakaways.
Treated sewage effluent (TSE) distribution system.
- Utility services including potable water, electrical (LV, MV, HV & EHV) and Telecom (CRA networks) and Unified Government Network (UGN).