Abu Dhabi Club for Special Needs
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, will be the host of the 2019 Special Olympics World Summer Games. Abu Dhabi Sports Council (ADSC) & Zayed Higher Organization (ZHO) are aiming at building new integrated sports facilities in Mohammed bin Zayed city – Abu Dhabi, to host the swimming/water sports competition of the 2019 Special Olympics World Summer Games.
The Aquatic Sport Facility will be located in Mohammed bin Zayed city and comprises of the following main areas in a 9,000m2 GFA building:-
- Olympic Size fully automated swimming pool compliant with the latest FINA requirements (Indoor)
- Semi-Olympic training swimming pool compliant with the latest requirement FINA requirements (Outdoor)
- Athletes’ changing rooms, VIP Area, Administration offices, Media Center, Anti-doping lab and other auxiliary areas
- Pedestrian walkways, roads, drop-offs, staff, visitors’ parking and associated infrastructure.
- The project is considered to be fast track as it is designed and built in only 10 months.